Review: Mamonde Lotus Micro Mud Mask

As my Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask was both running out and becoming way too dry for comfortable use, I knew I wanted to try something else. I don't have issues with acne, per se, and I do my best to keep my large pores clean by daily (or almost-daily) AHA and BHA treatments. (Side note, before I write reviews about these products: BHA alone wasn't enough for me, for some gunk had been stuck under a layer or five of dead skin, which it hadn't been able to get to. Once I added AHA, too, to help me get rid of said dead skin, the change was very obvious.) Still, I do have a couple zits here and there (mostly around my period, and/or when I - like the 12-year-old I am - start picking at a blackhead or whitehead, and inevitably make it worse,) and there are days when my skin feels congested for no apparent reason, which is when I reach for a good clay mask. I am not perfectly sure how I ended up getting the Mamonde Lotus Micro Mud Mask, but I have a feeling I saw something about it on my favorite blog, Unboxing Beauty or Michelle's accompanying IG account. It arrived just in time, for while I still had some of the Innisfree mask left, it was starting to resemble some good ol' Jeju rock vs. a wash-off mask, about nine months after I had first opened it.


About the brand:
Mamonde (마몽드) is a South Korean skincare and cosmetics brand owned by Amore Pacific. Mamonde was launched by Amore Pacific in 1991.The brand name comes from "Ma Monde" which is a combination of the words My and World in French. (source)

Product claims:
Contains patent ingredient, lotus and melia azedarach linne extracts that remove fine dust and heavy metal completely. Mild sea salt absorbs dust and protects skin. Clarifying Sinan mud removes waste and nourishes skin. (source)

Instructions and ingredients:
Take an enough amount and apply to face except eye area. Leave it for about 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. For deep cleansing, massage it in the wet condition about 10 seconds before it is completely washed off. (source)

The CosDNA analysis of ingredients can be found here.


Why I got it and how I use it:
I bought it because I needed a new clay mask, and there seem to be quite a few favorable reviews about this one. I also like the fact that it's not a product popping up over and over and over and over again because I am f'ing rebellious like that.

I have only used it as a wash-off mask so far; if you read the instructions above, it can also be used as sort of a deep-cleaning massage mask as well. I will eventually try it that way; alas, these days, I don't feel like I ever need real deep cleansing (and it's a great feeling.)


As you can see, there's absolutely no real information on the jar in English, and it doesn't come in a box, so unless you can read Hangul (which I can't,) you're crap out of luck. Thank goodness for Google!
The packaging itself, if anyone cares, is very simple. It's a quite large, 80g jar made of simple plastic, with simple graphics. If you're looking for Etude House-like cuteness, this isn't the product for you. It's a quiet, almost shy-looking jar but it houses a pretty solid mask.


The mask itself smells like crap. Well, not like crap crap, but it does have a stingy clay scent, if that makes any sense, and it's pretty strong. It really doesn't bother me - very few scents do, really, - but if you're sensitive that way, you might want to skip this one.

It is surprisingly easy to apply for a clay mask, for it is almost viscous. Forget everything you remember about Western clay masks; I can see how this would work as a massage pack - with some water, - for it has none of the stickiness/hardness one would associate with a clay mask.
Which, to me, is an absolute positive.


Out of all the clay masks I have ever used, this is definitely the least drying (and, to me, the Innisfree one wasn't drying, either, unlike all the Western clay masks I have ever tried; and, trust me, I have tried way more than I will ever be able to count.)
In fact, to me, it feels more hydrating than anything else. Washing it off was pretty simple, and I was left with soft and visibly brightened skin.

On the flip side, I do not feel like it is as good at cleaning out the pores as some other clay masks. You win some, you lose some, I guess. As far as my pores, I don't notice much of a difference once I wash it off.

I feel that this is definitely a solid product, but it's probably not for those who need a clay mask because they're looking for an immediate pore-cleaning effect. It is nevertheless a nice product to use if I need to chase some of the dullness away, and need my skin to look - if only temporarily - healthier.

Recommend? I do if you are OK with the scent, and you aren't expecting obvious deep-cleaning effects. I feel like this could be the right product for people with normal to dry skin, for whom other clay masks are too drying. I also think it is perfect for temporary brightening if dullness is an issue, as well as making one's skin look healthier in general.

Where to buy? eBayYesStyleKoreaDepartShopAtKorea


Same line, different product, totes awesome commercial

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email