Review: Berrisom Hydra Firming Cream+

I turned 40 a few months ago, and I had missed a few important years when it comes to taking care of my skin in my 30s, so I have been trying hard to "soften" the signs of aging, and delay the appearance of more of them as much as possibly. When I saw the Berrisom Hydra Firming Cream+ on RoseRoseShop at a great price, I knew I had to give it a try.


About the brand:

What this product claims to achieve:
"Collagen Hydra Firming Cream, free from three artificial formulas - pigment, scent, preservatives - that cause skin trouble. Powerful solution of anti-aging with condensed Collagen, EGF will boost elasticity and prevent skin from sagging. Rich moisturizing Collagen Hydra Firming Cream will deliver highly concentrated nutrients that are helpful for anti-aging function. To improve wrinkles around your neck, forehead, eye area, you need effective solution that can actually work. High moisturizing formula with 15% of collagen will deliver result as that of professional skin care clinic." (source)


Ingredients:
Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Diglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ceresin, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, Betaine, Trehalose, Synthetic Wax, PEG-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Caramel, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Copper Tripeptide-1, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Adenosine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate



While my skin usually hates 'cones if they're in a product in large quantities (thankfully, they are lower down on the list here,) and the effectiveness of collagen when applied topically is questionable, it looked like a solid enough product for me to try.

The decreasing production of collagen is blamed for the formation of wrinkles and the loss of the skin's elasticity as we hit our 30s; EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) is supposed to stimulate cell growth; and, adenosine is a popular wrinkle-reducing/anti-aging ingredient.


First, I rarely talk about the smell of a product because I kind of suck at telling scents apart; ask me about the smell of the CosRX AHA lotion that most everyone seems to find putrid, and I'll tell you it basically smells like nothing. That said, the scent of this cream was first strange to me. I couldn't quite place it for days, even though I knew I knew it. Then, one night, it hit me: to me, it smells like animal fat that my grandmother, may she rest in peace, used to use for cooking.
I know that sounds pretty gross (the realization made me throw up a little in my mouth,) but it's not overwhelming, and a couple of months into using this cream, I don't even notice it anymore. (I haven't noticed it for a while.)


It is a thick cream with a lot of slip, and a slight residue left over. I use it at night only, so I am not frugal with the amount I slap on my face. I tried to use it during the day, too, but it made my normal skin feel oily within a few hours (and those weren't hot days.)
It has mango seed butter, bergamot oil, and macadamia oil in it, so I can see it work for both day and night for dry to very dry skin types; for normal, aging skin types for the night; and, well, never for oilier skin.

As for performance, this is a great product, and I believe it does what it claims to do as well as any topical skincare product can. It's not botox-in-a-bottle, and it won't make deeper or deepening wrinkles disappear overnight. Or, ever, really. It does a great job at plumping the skin where, with regular use, those lines/wrinkles do look much "shallower," though. It is also wonderful at making my skin exceptionally soft in the morning.
I haven't experienced any adverse reaction, and even my large, clog-prone pores haven't protested.

Recommend? Yes. This is an affordable and effective ant-aging product that works at plumping the skin where lines and wrinkles are visibly less visible. I think it would be too much for oilier skin types, but it works for my normal skin, and I believe it would work for drier skin, too.

Where to buy? eBay* • RoseRoseShop** • Berrisom • Wishtrend***
(*it is currently selling for almost twice as much on eBay as the last time I checked, so definitely shop around)
(**I can't believe that it's not currently available on RRS. I bought it there for about $10. I'll leave the reference here, though, because if you want to buy it, you should definitely check with them.)
(***interestingly, Wishtrend was the most expensive option a few weeks ago. Right now, it seems to be the most affordable one. Go figure.)



Yup, different product from Berrisom, but this video is cute. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email