Review: Su:m37 Secret Repair Toner

One of the several Korean high-end skincare products of which I have grabbed several big sample bathes, is the Su:m37 Secret Repair Toner. It wasn't until later that I found out that this line was aimed at dry, mature skin, while mine is normal and aging. The two Secret Repair products I have been using twice a day for months now - this one, and the emulsion, which I reviewed earlier - have had different effects on my skin.



About the brand:
SU:M37 is a premium beauty brand in Korea that specializes in naturally fermented skincare, free of fragrances, artificial colors and synthetic preservatives. 'SU:M' represents the Korean word for respiration and '37' signifies optimal fermentation temperature. (source)

What this product claims to achieve:
This essence-typed toner boosts skin elasticity. Its deep and rich ingredients, found in the origin of fermentation, refine skin texture and keep the skin smooth by balancing the oil and moisture of the skin optimally. (source)

Instructions and ingredients:
After washing face, take an appropriate amount by pumping 2~3 times, spread gently over the entire face according to the skin texture, and press lightly with your palms for better absorption. (source)

Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Saccharomyces/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit/Peduncle/Stalks Ferment Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Niacinamide, Methyl Trimethicone, Panthenol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-150, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Kluyveromyces/Lactobacillus/Acanthopanax Koreanum Bark/Stem Oil Ferment Filtrate, Lactobacillus/Ampelocissus Martini Fruit/Lavender Flower/Rosa Canina Fruit/Rosemary Leaf/Sage Leaf/Thyme Leaf Extract Ferment (source)

When the description says it's an "essence-type" toner, it's not lying. This toner is way thicker than water, and probably closer in its consistency to what many would consider an essence.

Just like the emulsion from the same line, it does have a rather strong, flowery scent to it; just how strong, I won't be able to tell you, since - as I like to point out each time I even mention a product's scent - my sense of smell is quite busted, and lots of products don't seem to bother me as much (if at all,) scent-wise, as they seem to do a lot of others. What I can tell you for certain, is that this toner definitely does have a scent (see, if you ask me, the CosRx AHA liquid doesn't, even though it's apparently many people gag, so...) and it may or may not be too much for someone sensitive to perfume-y smells; however, it certainly isn't as strong as that of the emulsion from the same line.


I have been using this toner after a first essence, twice a day, for several months now. While it is definitely thicker than water, it sinks in beautifully, albeit not as quickly as many a toner. Now, I am only talking about 30 seconds (vs. a few seconds,) so it's nothing earth shattering, and it will not make your routine longer, really.

This toner has an immediate softening effect about it, which I absolutely adore. It does sink in fully, and in no way interferes - in a bad way - with the further hydrating steps in my routine that follow.


While I am kind of over the emulsion from the Secret Repair line, I am in love with this toner. How much it does on its own, I won't be able to tell you, since I am in the same shoes as a lot of other AB enthusiasts where I apply several light, hydrating layers of product, both in the morning and the evening, so however carefully I try to space out the introduction of new products into my routine, it is getting harder and harder to tell which light layer is doing more than another.

What I can tell for certain, though, is that while the emulsion from the same line is obviously geared toward more mature skin, as nourishing and immediately plumping this toner feels, I believe it can be the right product for a broader range of skin types; possibly almost any, other than very oily (as long, of course, as yours isn't sensitive to any of the ingredients.) It provides a sense of deep nourishment without being heavy, and it never felt like it was suffocating my skin in any way.

Recommend? Yes. This feels like a very nourishing and hydrating product that I believe people of several different skin types can enjoy. While its flowery scent might be too much for some, it is not an issue for me, and is certainly worth the luxurious pampering that applying and wearing it, feels like.

Where to buy? Again, you might want to start with samples from eBay. If you don't have a spending limit and feel like you want to go all in, it is currently available on YesStyle for USD 57.90, on StyleKorean for USD 40.90, and on W2Beauty for USD 70.17.

 

This is the essence from the same line but I love this commercial

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email