Review: CosRx Low pH Good Morning Cleansing Gel

Ever since Skin & Tonic's now-famous post about the importance of pH levels in one's facial cleansers in relation to the moisture barrier, much of the AB community has been all about the low pH life. CosRx, a relatively new brand that quickly became a favorite of many, was one of the first to listen to the demands of the masses, and released their Low pH Good Morning Cleansing Gel. As soon as it was available on Jolse, I bought a tube from their eBay store. Many an AB fanatic jumped on the opportunity, too, and there's been plenty of reviews posted online, already. I have been using this product for months, and I am not sure I will be able to add much to what's already been said, buy since it's been a staple in my skincare routine for quite a while, I need to make sure that I include it in this virtual journal of my AB journey.


About the brand:

What this products claims to achieve:
Sensitive skin dragging you down in the mornings? How about every day? If you suffer from super sensitive skin syndrome, COSRX has a solution for you - the Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser! Made with all natural ingredients to soothe, exfoliate, and hydrate, the Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is designed to restore the optimal pH balance to the skin to cleanse without the irritation. (source)

Direction and ingredients:



Like with practically all CosRx products, the CosDNA analysis reveals an awfully clean ingredient list that makes it highly unlikely that someone's skin would react negatively to the product.

And, like with practically all CosRx products, if you are looking for something, and/or fun, and/or cute, and/or entertaining, you need to move on. The packaging is bland, the product is bland, and one must be really bland if one looks forward to washing one's face with this cleanser.


However, none of those things is what the many CosRx fanatics - yours truly included - look for, when choosing yet another product by the brand.
It is about clean ingredient lists.
It is about no-frills products.
It is about high concentrations of star ingredients.
It is about potency.


While not everyone agrees that the pH of a cleanser matters as much as others believe - since it only stays on the skin for a very short time before it is washed off, - once I found out that "squeaky clean" feeling after washing my face with a high pH cleanser, meant that I kept disrupting my moisture barrier (which I had been blissfully unaware even existed,) I decided that I was never going to do it to my poor skin, again.
And, thinking of the pretty freaky reactions many have had to different first (oil-based) cleansers that neither stay on the skin for more than a few minutes, if that, I convinced myself that the Skin & Tonics peeps were right. Low pH cleansers it has been, to me, ever since.


At night, I use a first cleanser (currently the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil) so I never expected this cleanser to do the tough work of removing my CC cream (I use a different product to remove eye makeup, too, simply because that's what I have been doing for 20+ years.) Others have said makeup removal wasn't this cleanser's strong suit; however, the manufacturer never claimed it was.
It foams just enough, it cleans my skin in the morning and the remains of my first cleanser at night without making my skin stripped, and it washes away easily.
Wham, bam, thank you, CosRx. It simply does what it is supposed to do.


There are two slight negatives I can say about this product, though.
One is the smell. Now, funny story, I hadn't realized how bad it smelled until everyone started pointing it out on the AB subreddit. My sense of smell is very weak, and I had thought it smelled a little citrus-y. Once people got into my head, I had to agree that it did, indeed, have a very artificial, and pretty strong smell that I cannot place. Something rusty, maybe? I don't care much about scents, but I can see how it can be off-putting for others.
The other is, and I am almost ashamed to admit, the fact that it is - no other way to put it - such a boring product. Now that other brands have been releasing low-pH cleansers, and given that a cleanser lasts for months, I am itching to try something else. In a strange way, this cleanser's greatest strength - its simplicity, it's "to-the-point-ness" - might be it's greatest weakness. 
Then again, it's not the product.
It's me.

Recommend? Absolutely. If you're looking for a cleanser that won't interrupt your skin's moisture barrier, that is very affordable, and that is extremely unlikely to cause an adverse reaction, this one is it.

Where to buy? This product is available pretty much everywhere online. At least in stores where AB products are sold... Right now, the 150ml full-size tube costs USD 9.99 on Wishtrend, USD 10.18 on Jolse, and USD 8.80+ (with free shipping) on eBay.



2 comments:

  1. I found out about the COSRx cleanser after reading up on the double cleansing method http://seoula.co/dbcleanse. It’s the best second cleanser I’ve tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear it has worked so well for you. :)

      Delete

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email