First Impression: Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

I'd wanted in on the Vitamin C game for a while, but each time I felt ready to pull the trigger on one of the two famous OST serums, I suddenly encountered someone whose skin had reacted badly to it, online. Besides, I have been mostly happy with my routine, and while I do need additional brightening and PIH-fading, I kept telling myself it really wasn't on top of my list of concerns, and kept moving.
When I received an email about the 1+1 Klairs deal on StyleKorean, I decided it was time for a Vitamin C product; namely the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop. While it contains only about a quarter of the amount of Vitamin C that either OST product does, I thought it would be a nice introduction.


What it claims to do:
"The Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is designed with key ingredients directly from nature and concentrated pure vitamin C for an innovative multi-solution, non-irritating formula to revitalize, maintain, and transform your skin! Don’t be discriminated against because of sensitive skin anymore, and experience the power of C with the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop! Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop that contains 5% Ascorbic Acid is suitable for all skin type and ages even if you have very sensitive skin." (source)

Ingredients:
Water, Propylen Glycol, Ascorbic Acid(5%, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Illicium Verum(Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 60, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Orange Oil Brazil, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Callus Culture Extract, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Rheum Palmatum Root Extract, Asarum Sieboldi Root Extract, Quercus Mongolia Leaf Extract, Persicaria Hydropiper Extract, Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Magnolia Obovata Bark Extract, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine,SH-Olgopeptide-1, SH-Olgopeptide-2, SH-Polypeptide-1, SH-Polypeptide-9, SH-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol (source)

A very clean CosDNA analysis!

How to use?
For Normal / Combination to Oily Skin
After cleansing, apply an amount of about half the dropper to the entire face area. Gently massage into the entire face using the palms and body heat to work into the skin.
For Sensitive Skin
After cleansing, prep the skin with toner and apply about 3-4 droplets of the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop evenly onto the skin. For extra sensitive skin, try mixing a few drops into preferred serum or lotion until the skin is used to the product. (source)



I spent quite some time trying to figure out whether this was an active and therefore required pH-adjusting and a waiting time, or a serum that just happens to have Ascorbic Acid in it. What I have figured (or, at least I think I have) is that this serum's pH isn't low enough to be considered an active, which I was fine with, especially since I use my actives at night, and the wait times can be a pain in the butt.


It is a completely clear serum that is just slightly thicker than water and scentless (I think. Don't take my word for it. My sense of smell sucks.) I have been using it in the morning, after my toner and before my emulsion. 

When I first tried it, I freaked out a little because it goes on extremely oily. While I no longer have the problem of having an oil field on my face 24/7 (so much so that I have even incorporated an actual oil into my evening routine, which is something I never thought I would ever be able to do,) I still wouldn't want to wear oil during the day.
Thankfully, this serum absorbs surprisingly quickly and leaves a perfectly even, almost matte finish. No more oiliness.

While I had read lots of favorable reviews of this product - and some meh ones, - I wasn't expecting anything that would make me pee my pants. I thought this would be a nice addition to my otherwise pretty happy routine, something that's more expensive that what I would normally buy that I could get on an awesome sale, and I'd use up the two bottles and be done with it.

However, even though I have only been using it for a couple of weeks, and only in the mornings, but I cannot not notice the brightening effect it has on my skin. Since I haven't added any new products to my routine, I have to assume that it's thanks to this product. I will soon use up the oil from my evening routine, and then I will add this, so that I will be slapping it on my face twice a day. I am very curious to see if it will add to its brightening powers.

Recommend? After such a short testing period, definitely. I cannot vouch for longer-term effects, but after only a couple of weeks, it has shown a very potent brightening ability.

Where to buy? It is available on both StyleKorean (shipping not included) and Wishtrend (free shipping over $69.00) for $23.00, or on eBay starting at $29.10.



2 comments:

  1. I’ve been hesitating a lot, but I also want to really try this product. Can i use this with other serums? I’m currently using Missha’s TR Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule (nighttime) and It’s Skin’s Q10 Effector (daytime). I would like to add Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop to my skincare routine but I’m worried about the potency when used with other serums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addiewata,
      Thanks for dropping by. :) Because this product is neither low-pH, nor does it contain enough of the Vit C, it is essentially just another serum, and as such, you should have no issues using it with other serums/essences. The initial brightening that I noticed when I started using it, didn't last long, and neither did it intensify with long-term use; after having used it for months, I'll say that more than anything, this is just another light hydrating layer, but this isn't something you'd think of when you think "potent Vit C serum." I hope this helps!

      Delete

 

Get Paid For Shopping Online

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow

Get 15% Off!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Get $5 Off!

Activate by Bloglovin'

Follow by Email